Use the Maintain Shipments window to view and update inventory intransit shipment information. Also use the Maintain Shipments window to view or cancel Advance Shipment Notices (ASNs).
You can view a wide variety of information about an inventory intransit shipment, including internal requisition information backing the intransit shipment. You can enter or change selected header information including packing slip and bill of lading numbers, the expected receipt date, the freight carrier, the ship-to location, and the number of containers. You can also enter or change some information at the shipment line level: the packing slip number, receipt routing, and reason code.
For an ASN, you can also view a wide variety of information, including truck and container numbers. You can also cancel an ASN by choosing Cancel from the Special menu. (The supplier can also send a Cancellation ASN.) See: Advanced Shipment Notices (ASNs).
Before you can use this window to view and update inventory intransit shipment information, you must transfer material between organizations that use intransit inventory. See: Transferring Between Organizations.
To select shipments:
2. Enter any of the following as selection criteria: Requisition Number, requisition Line number, Shipment Number, Source, Source Site and Receiving Location. In the alternative regions in the lower part of the screen, you can specify additional selection criteria for the item, and date ranges.
To maintain shipments:
1. Navigate to the Maintain Shipments window. In this window Purchasing displays Shipment Header information for the first shipment that meets the criteria. Use Next Record to display information for subsequent shipments that meet your search criteria. Select Sync lines with header to re-query shipment lines when you display different shipments.
2. You can maintain data only in the following Shipment Header fields: Expected Receipt Date, Bill of Lading, Freight Carrier, Packing Slip, Ship-to Location, Number of Containers, and Comments.
3. In the Shipment Lines region, only the Item Revision, stock Locator, Packing Slip, Comments, Transaction Reason Code, and Receipt Routing are maintainable.
To cancel an Advanced Shipment Notice:
- Select the shipment line and choose Cancel from the Special menu.