Use the Buyers window to define and maintain your buyers. Buyers can review all requisitions using the Requisitions window, and only buyers can enter and autocreate purchasing documents. See the Document Types window for rules governing access to documents. See: Defining Document Types.
Define employees before performing this step. See: Enter Person.
To define buyers:
2. Enter the Name of an employee who you want to define as a buyer. If the name you want does not appear in the list of values, use the Enter Person window to enter that person as an employee. See: Enter Person.
3. Enter the default purchasing Category of the goods the buyer typically orders. Purchasing defaults this value in the Category field when you are autocreating documents. See: Defining Categories.
4. Enter the name of the ship-to location for which the buyer typically creates purchase orders. Purchasing defaults this value when you are autocreating documents.
5. Enter the Start Date that you want to initiate the responsibilities for a buyer. The default is the current date.
6. Enter the End Date after which the employee is no longer a buyer.